On Episode 11: Divergent we reviewed the movie Divergent based on the novel of the same name.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Character ages were changed and never mentioned eliminating any age related casting complaints.
- Suspense for the sequel! What happens next?!
- The concept of Divergence and being unique. Also that our heroine isn’t the only “special” person in her universe.
- Kate Winslet is awesome, but the filmmakers overused her and made her villain tame rather than frightening.
- We don’t get enough information about the background of this world: What about the other faction? Who are Dauntless keeping the peace from? What’s the deal with the factionless?
- Forced romance. Do we always need a romance? Not saying we didn’t enjoy Theo, but …
Host Average Rating: 3.7/5