I had so much fun creating Part 1 & Part 2 of the Disney Princess Approved Full Body Workout I couldn’t wait to create Part 3 when I realized Snow White and Pocahontas were missing from the gang. All of the Disney princesses needed to be represented so in Part 3! Anna, Snow White, Pocahontas, Kida Nedakh, and Giselle join us to get our SPARKLE on.
This circuit will really target your abs, but the moves are still full body exercises. Work up to 3 sets.High Knee Skips: High Knee Skips will get your heart rate going while warming your body up. They help develop lower body power and flexibility.
- Start by standing in place with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bring your right knee toward your chest and quickly place it back on the ground.
- Follow immediately by driving your left knee toward your chest.
- Alternate your knees as fast as you can. With practice, you will build speed.
- You are skipping! Your goal is to bring your knees as high as your waist, engaging your core. Move side to side 1 or 2 yards for an added challenge.
Marching Bridge: This is a great exercise to improve glute strength.
Here’s the SECRET: Be sure you are feeling the glutes doing the work. If you feel it in your lower back you are arching your back. If you feel the pressure of the move in your thighs, same thing – focus on your butt.
- Lay on the ground face up. Arms should be at your side, knees are bent, and heels should be on the ground.
- Lift your hips until your body forms a straight line from shoulders to knees.
- Stay in this position and raise your right knee to your chest.
- Try to hold this for 2-3 seconds. Moves are more efficient when done with slow control.
- DON’T LET YOUR HIPS DROP! Return to your starting position and repeat with your left knee.1 rep equals a right and left move.
Boat Pose: Boat Pose, or Navasana, is a great yoga pose for strengthening the abdominal muscles. This is a very challenging pose at first, but as with everything it does get easier with practice.
- Sit down with your legs pressed together straight in front of you. Flex your feet toward your body and sit up straight.
- Lean your body back while bending your knees and lifting your legs. Stop once your shins are parallel to the floor or deepen the posture by straightening them out forming a V-shape.
- Find an appropriate hand placement, either on your hamstrings, at your heart, or straighten them out parallel to the floor.
- Hold the pose as long as you can, increase your time as you can or do small routes.
Supergirl Planks: The Supergirl Plank will challenge for your core, shoulders and back. I would say that is a great end of circuit move!
- Set yourself up in push-up position, arms straight, back and legs aligned.
- Simultaneously extend your right arm in front of you and your left leg behind you. Stay level while balancing for 3 seconds.
- Engage your core to maintain control and come back into pushup position, repeat on the opposite side. (To modify this move, perform this exercise from all fours, with hands and knees on the ground.)
Cross Over Tummy Tuck: This move will target your lower abs and thighs. They will be burning!
- Lie face-up on the ground, arms by your sides, palms up.
- Lift your head keeping the chin tucked, and your shoulders and arms a need to be raised a few inches off ground.
- Raise your feet up about two feet off ground with straight legs and toes pointing out.
- Alternately cross the left heel over right, then right over left (keep your spine neutral; try not to arch, flatten your lower back to the ground).
How Did it Go, Princesses?
Disclaimer: Common Room members are not professionals. Consult a personal trainer or doctor before trying any fitness challenges. Results may vary.